Sunday, October 5

Bento Box Quilt...top

What a team!...
Dh helped me with the last few blocks for my quilt...I sewed and he pressed the seams for me.
I did not have enough of the red fabric after all to add sashing to the blocks, so I just used the fabric to add a framing border and then a wider blue border to finish the top off.
All the fabric was from my stash, so that was really good!
My quilt top is all ready to be sandwiched and quilted, but for now, I'll pop it in the cupboard with the Strip-O-Hoy top till next year...I really need to get to and make some gifts for Christmas now.


Tomorrow,I'm going to post my gifts to my Stitching Angel in the States.
I hope she will be happy with what I send her...there is the little table runner, the sewing caddy, red tote, an Aussie tea towel, a little beading kit and a cross stitch bookmark kit.


Have a lovely evening..

10 comments:

  1. wow...beautiful quilt topping

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Bento Box turned out wonderfully even without the sashing. I love it. It's nice when you have a helper, my mother used to iron and I'd sew when I used to make clothes, and we could really get things done quickly. Besides, I think she was a better ironer than I. Your Stitching Angel gifts are so nice that anyone would be excited to receive them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats lovely, you sure wipped that up quick.
    I think it looks great with that red material framing the blue.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The quilt top looks great Julia! 8-)

    Your gifties to your Stitch Angel are great! I am sure she will appreciate them! Too bad she hasn't been posting for you to get to know here better...

    Have a great Sunday!
    Happy stitchings! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking great and the swapper sure would be happy with her gifts, I know I would be.
    Have a great day.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, lucky swapper, Julia - I'm sure she will be thrilled. Love your Bento Box - super fast work.
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The quilt looks great; splendid job. What a wonderful package she will be receiving. You can see the time and care that went into each item. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your bento box. Putting it with the blacks makes a stunning quilt.

    Stitching Angel gifts look fabulous, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥