Friday, October 3

Back Online / Bento Box Blocks...computer is fixed!

I'm back....it's so nice to be back online, I really miss my little friend when she gets sick.
I still have a few more of my programes to load back on, but at least she is up and running!

Above are the Bento blocks I've been working on, they are so easy and quick to do, makes for a lovely charity quilt or a quick quilt gift for someone.

Here I'm auditioning the blocks with a small spotty rust fabric as sashing...hmmm, I'm not sure..... I think the sashing adds a bit of colour zing, separates and breaks up the dark blues rather than have the blocks all mesh together....What do you think?

Again, by taking a picture and posting it here, I can see where I need to turn the bottom right block around so that the dark blue pieces are not side by side.

Well, I'll make up a few more blocks and then have another look at it..

The weekend has come around again...best wishes for a great weekend whatever your doing.

7 comments:

  1. Your blocks look wonderful! I love that pattern! Personally though, I wouldn't bother with sashing, but that is just me! 8-)
    Glad you are all fixed up there computer-wise, and able to "do your thing" once again! 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Bento Box. I bought the pattern about 2 years ago, and haven't made it, but it is definitely on my list. Your fabrics are beautiful, and yours is looking wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew I recognized that block. I just couldn't remember what it was. It is going to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Julia, glad your computer is working again. Yes I do like the the red in between the blocks.

    cheers
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Julia, Thanks for commenting on my blog. You have a nice blog too and you are so talented!! My husband and I farm so I have put my quilting away until after harvest. I get so inspired when I see blogs like yours.
    I like the red border so I vote yes. Also, I'm really impressed with your dear jane quilt. I thought about trying that but I get a little overwhelmed thinking about it for too long.
    I hope you come back to my back porch again and I'll visit you too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mmmm ... yes, I think I like the red - do you have enough for binding, too?
    Love your new header - nice to have a change!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I vote yes for the sashing! The blocks are wonderful. Glad your computer is up and running again, mine is being a tyrant today; better just pat it and tell it its ok or it might get really upset and break! LOL. I really enjoy visiting your blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥