Friday, August 15

Tidying and Tumbling...


I was all keen and ready to sew yesterday, went into my sewing room and saw the " mess! ".
I just can't work in a mess, fabrics everywhere...so I thought I would tidy it up.

Evey time I visit Kathy of Inspired by Antique Quilts, I'm inspired by her tumbler quilt header, and have it in my mind to do one.
My reproduction fabrics needed tidying and sorting out, so I thought while I'm tidying up my fabrics, why not cut some tumblers and sort the fabrics into colour groups at the same time.

Naughty me, I know I should not start anything new, but I thought I would cut the tumblers and put them away for whenever the mood takes me and I need something different to sew....and that saves me handling the fabric twice!...that's my excuse, and I'm sticking to it!
It's so nice sometimes to just handle the fabrics , play with them, just to see what you do have, in the way of colours etc..

The beauty of these tumblers, I can sew them together on the machine, so that should be quite quick to put together.
I'm going to only cut one off each of the fabric for now, just to see how many I get from my repro fabrics
It doesn't look alot there on the mat, but there are quite a few, enough to start with...but no! not yet, must get some other work finished first!

We are having a week of glorious sunny weather, today Dh and I might take a train ride to Fremantle, our favourite place for a seafood meal...

May your day be sunny too..

6 comments:

  1. Oh, oh - naughty, naughty! Must admit the tumblers are so tempting.
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can buy your reasoning. Handle fabric only once, that's my motto.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh!!!! You know how I love those reproduction fabrics! I also love the tumbler pattern...hmmmmm...I may have to add that to my long list of a million others to do!!! :) I can't wait to see how yours turns out!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathy has a wonderful looking Tumbler quilt there! I can see why you are itching to start one! 8-)
    Happy stitchings...whatever you stitch! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh you will love your tumbler quilt!
    just sew them into pairs when you have time, put them in a shoe box, then when you have 15 min sew them into 4's and before you know it you will be sewing rows together!
    I am going to make another one but queen size and hopefully a charm quilt
    my goal! keep us posted on your tumbler!
    Kathie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Turning scraps into usable sizes isn't the same as starting a new project. It's just fabric collecting. I fabric collection definitely does not count as a UFO. Now, if you were to start sewing them together, just to see how they looked, that might be considered a new project.....The colors are great, what a wonderful charm quilt that could turn into.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥