Monday, August 18

My Girls!...

I call these dummy forms "My Girls"...


These were a class I taught a few years ago, it was such fun to see what my " real girls" did with their mini dummy forms.
The dummy shape was cut out of calico, stitched, stuffed with polyester fill and then embellished.... Dh made the stands for them.

I was trying for an antique look, the one on the right was tea dyed before being embellished. Just for a bit of fun, she was called Olive, after you know who from the Popeye cartoons, and the one on the left was called Dolly, after you know who!
The form in the middle is Victoria, she is covered in red velvet and embellished with hand painted lace and beading.
One of the girls in my class was very creative, and she did hers to finish up looking like a bride doll, with veil and all...very creative!

The beautiful little framed CQ was made and sent to me by Mary in Texas...we know her as Crazy Mary for her beautiful CQ and SRE work....it was a few years ago now, but I cherish that gorgeous piece.
Hi Mary...waving to you!


3 comments:

  1. You have so many wonderful talents! I love those!!!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I love your girls! They look great! ...?... Tutorial maybe? 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH my Julia, they are just adorable!!! And DH did a lovely job with the stands. AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥