Monday, August 4

Hexagons and Family...


We had a lovely weekend, yesterday son Joe-da-Chef and family came for a visit and Sunday lunch, he is so busy that he hasn't had time to post on his recipe blog, and asked me to pass on his apologies.
Above is DGS Paul, Joe, DIL Angie, and DGD Alexia.

These get togethers are cherished as they are so few and far between, everyone is so busy , either with work or Uni/ studying.
Paul is an apprentice mechanic, and Alexia is studying forensic and toxicology.

Please excuse my appearance, I certainly was not wearing my Sunday best, I still had my slippers on!.....I just wanted to show you how big our Paul is and he is not even 18 yet!
Here is how my hexagons are coming along, I do a few in the evening as the mood takes me....soooo many more to do!

I picked up this book on Freeform Knitting and Crochet from our library, this is something I would like to try one day...but not just yet!

Must go, cleaning and cooking to get done...girls are coming for a sewing get together tomorrow...

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a lovely day with the family! Your scarf is coming along beautifully!
    See you tomorrow - hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a fine looking family, and it's wonderful that you were able to have a day with them. I know what you mean about it being hard when everyone gets busy. Your hexagons are coming along, and looking pretty. Have a great day with the girls and enjoy your sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a very nice family! And the time spent with them is always precious.
    Have a lovely time sewing with your friends! I hope you'll share the photos with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Getting together with family, especially the young ones with their busy schedules, is always a much appreciated event... Your Paul is tall like my baby...comes in handy for reaching high places... 8-)
    Happy stitchings!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥