Thursday, August 14

Bags and Hussif..

The last few days I have been focusing on getting my crochet hexagon scarf done, and not done any sewing, but I've run out of wool now and need to buy some more.
My scarf now measures 41 inches, just a bit more still to do!

As I have no sewing to post about, I thought you might like to see these gorgeous bags and hussif I made a few years ago.
The above bag design is by Julie Craig of Attic Heirlooms in Kansas, sorry I can't seem to get a link to Julie.
The fabric is a beautiful pin tucked bronze in colour, which has a little sparkle to it in the light
The hussif folds up and fits inside the bag , here it is opened up.
This is my version inspired by one Julie made , it has provisions for embroidery scissors, cotton spools, needle book, crochet thimble holder, strawberry pin cushion, pencils and a few tiny pockets for whatever..
Click on photo for a close up, bigger view.


This green and gold Dupion silk bag is my favourite.
I hand painted the laces and did all the embellishing on both the bags and hussif.... I think this bag is very elegant and lovely to use for an evening out.
The little cylinder hanging on the side for needles or loose change.

Perhaps today, I may fit in a bit of sewing...

Have a lovely day..

7 comments:

  1. Those bags are stunning! A gorgeous way to carry your projects and tools or to spend a night on the town.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I read that Julie closed her shop and will start selling online later this year. I always love seeing the hussif and the bags everyone made.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely items! Love the fabric! 8-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your bag and hussif are absolutely gorgeous! I have these patterns hidden deep in my stash awaiting their turn--you know how that can go! LOL! I only hope mine will turn out half a beautiful!

    Cathy :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. They are gorgeous

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your bags are lovely, beautiful work! Below is the information for Julie Craig if anyone is interested.

    Attic Heirlooms
    1717 Briggs St
    Wichita KS USA
    67203
    Phone: (316) 265-4646

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia...just found you through a blog-link and love your stitcheries! Will be back to visit again soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥