Thursday, July 31

Fabric Mail...baby quilt



The fabric for my neighbours baby quilt arrived yesterday..

This is the fabric I chose, I hope this fabric will be suitable for a baby boy....I love the circus/pull along toy fabric!

I thought I would make the disappearing nine patch, nice and easy, as I already have so much to do....but it should be fun working on this quilt.
I really like the layout on the first two quilts shown here. simple, but very effective.

The blue fabric is for backing as well as for highlight blocks to pull the fabric in together, there are little bits of blue in the other three fabrics, so I'm hoping it will work!

Now to make a start on it and see if I can find out what size a cot quilt should be...

Until next time.

7 comments:

  1. Looks like you have a great plan there!
    Reminds me, I have a baby quilt to finish up for end of August...Yikes!
    Happy stitchings!
    8-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the quilts, they look so cuddly! Can't wait to see how the quilt turns out!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that pattern! I've done a couple and they came out just great.
    HUGZ:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just made a little baby quilt, and your 2nd from the top fabric was one I used. I'm going to make a quilt, I think Turning (12), for her big brother (4 years old), and I think I'm going to use some in it also.
    The first is off at the LA, and I'm hoping to quilt this one myself and have it ready by the time it comes back (about 2-3 weeks). Wish me luck, I'm not too good at DSM quilting. Yours will be beautiful, mine is iffy (lol). If worse comes to worse I'll tie it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to seeing this one finished and love the fabrics.
    Quilty hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are the cutest fabrics. They should make a lovely quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love these fabrics - perfect for a little boy, I think. That disappearing 9-patch is *fast*!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥