Sunday, July 27

Dear Jane Progress..section 4 quilted..

Just finished hand quilting section four of my Dear Jane quilt..

Oh, it feels so good to have another section quilted.
Now I think just to have a change from the blocks, I might do a bit of quilting on the centre medallion piece.
I still have one more block to do, then the fifth lot of blocks section will be ready for hand quilting, but then I still have 48 blocks to do for the top...yes, another 48 blocks!

I have some baby type fabric coming from Thousands of Bolts to make a quilt for my neighbour over the road who is expecting a baby boy in October....they have great fabrics at very reasonable prices.
I would love to do a disappearing nine patch quilt for her, so when the fabric arrives, I'll have a go at doing that...it will be a nice change from what I'm doing now.

A very wet and stormy day is the forecast for today, perfect for staying in and stitching by the heater..
Hope you day is sunny and bright..

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on finishing your 4th section!! It looks beautiful! One day I would love to tackle a Dear Jane!!!CAthyxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We had another drear & gloomy day. I wish you luck with your baby quilts. We have a neighbour having non identical twins- girls- & I am thinking of quilts for them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Dear Jane quilt is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just gorgeous! Wish I had carried on with mine ... oh, well, maybe one day!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥