Wednesday, July 23

Dear Jane ...progress.

DJ coming along nicely, slowly but surely!

Yesterday, I did a quick clean up around the house and then made an extra big effort to get on with my Dear Jane.... I would love to finish it this year, but there's still so much more to do on it.
I pinned a section ready for my Quilt-as-You-Go method, now this really didn't take to long to do at all...so I'm thinking, why did I procrastinate so much about it...just get in and do it!


Then after lunch, I sat and did some quilting on it.
I'm not the best of hand quilters, but I'm happy with how it's turning out.
It's amazing how much one can do when one puts their mind to it.
I quilted an 1/8 of an inch all around each block, just inside the sashing to stabilize it and not have it move too much, then finished quilting three of the blocks.
I really enjoy quilting the blocks, each one is different, so I don't get bored and I just quilt whatever I think would suit that block...

Have a lovely day..


2 comments:

  1. Your Dear Jane is looking really good now. Quilt-as-you-go makes life so much easier doesn't it? Can you show us a close-up of your quilting - I'd love to see what you've done for each block.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what size are your Dear Jane blocks? Patsy

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥