Sunday, July 6

Big and Small Apple Cores...

What to do with little bits of fabric..make little Apple Cores!

I have been saving up the little bits of fabric left over from projects, pieces just big enough to do something with.
I downsized my Apple Core template and thought a cute little dolly quilt in Apple cores for my early 1950's Pedigree walking doll might be nice.
As you can see in the picture, they are quite tiny, about half the original size, but they are not too small to hand piece, fun to do and shouldn't take too long to put a dolly quilt together.

I always wanted a doll like this when I was little, when I saw her on EBay I fell in love with her and just had to buy her..... I named her Ursula, after my Mum's second name.
The little white frock I made her has tiny bullion stitch roses on the yoke....and she has little pantaloons underneath..

It's going to be a cold evening, perfect for sitting in front of the heater stitching...

7 comments:

  1. Julia I love your little apple cores, how clever you are! Your dolly is just adorable too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You must be busy all the time, and you have so many beautiful things to show for it. Your little mini Apple Core quilt is such a good idea, and Ursula is beautiful. I'll bet she never had such a pretty dress until she came to live with you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the apple cores! There is no way that I could do them, something about curved seams that make me nervous!!! Your doll is so pretty!!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. How creative, Julia! Ursula is beautiful and she will be so happy to have a quilt.
    'Bye - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ursula is such a pretty dolly & her new quilt is going to be just as gorgeous Julia...

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a pretty doll you have! I love her dress! And I'm sure she will love the doll quilt! I have made some doll quilts and also a little apple core, it is a very nice pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your doll is beautiful, I would have had trouble leaving her on ebay also! How lucky she will be when she has a special quilt!! CAthyxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥