Monday, July 21

Apple Cores....and Teddy

I needed a break from hand quilting so I have been playing with my Apple Cores.

The big apple cores are really great to work on, not only are they easier to piece together but the quilt grows so much more quickly....it's just so encouraging to see it grow and makes me want to keep adding more and more cores on.

I thought I would see how they look in three different sizes, the original size, one lot 65% smaller in size and the smaller ones are 50% smaller.
I do love the little ones, but boy, they are so much harder to piece together!

Lately I have had trouble getting motivated in getting stuck in and getting things done, must be this awfully cold weather we have been having, all I have wanted to do was curl up under a quilt!
I've had enough of the cold weather...roll on Spring and Summer...

BTW... the cute teddy is Rosie, she has mohair head and limbs, with a fabric body. Rosie is wearing an apron with her tiny teddy in the pocket.


6 comments:

  1. I have days when it's hard to motivate myself. I take a full break from sewing for a few days to recharge the batteries and then I'm as good as new.

    Love and hugs Gina xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just looking at your apple core quilt motivated me to get mine started again.Thanks for your blog.
    Patsy

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think we all have days like that! I just love your apple cores!!! I've never had the nerve to try them. I've heard they are easy but maybe someday I will try them...
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love your apple cores!
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pieces are lovely Julia. The colors fit so nice with this antique pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your apple cores are so pretty. They remind me a little of the tumbler quilt that I hope to make one day. I love Rosie and her Teddy, I think she's one of my favorites of the ones you have shared.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥