Saturday, June 14

I Got Mail!...

I ordered these new books a week or so ago, what a lovely surprise to come home from a day out to find them at my door.

I have quite a bit of 1930's fabric, and thought this Granny Quilt Decor book would be great inspiration for a new quilt or two.
Inside the book are patterns for bed quilts, wall hangings, kitchen decor things like place mats etc.....also a great read on the 1930's fabric and how feed sacks came about.

A lot of the designs in this book have scalloped edges, so of course I just had to have the Easy Scallop Template.
As my DH always says..." You have to have the right tools for the job"....so I took his advice!

The Curved Patch book, I thought might help me be a bit more adventurous and get me out of doing the normal piecing, may even find some ideas for borders in there too.

I have started hand quilting my Grandma's Garden Hex quilt, I didn't realize it was so big, but I'm enjoying it and an added bonus is that it's keeping me warm in the evening as the chilly night air sets in..

Have a lovely day..

4 comments:

  1. Lucky you, Julia! I will have to have a peak at your new books sometime soon.
    Hugs - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those books do look interesting Julia. Do you have a secret store where you buy books from? Share please if you don't mind.
    You're right about it being chilly in the evenings - there's nothing like working on a quilt to keep you warm...vbg.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I see a lot of quilters don't enjoy putting the binding on the quilts. I really enjoy doing it in the evenings or on chilly afternoosn, as it does keep the legs warm!! LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, I got mail too - thank you sew much for the charm pack, will make something for my dad with the fabrics, no idea what yet.

    Sandy in South Australia

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥