Saturday, June 7

"Country Stroll".... crinoline lady embroidery

We had a lovely day yesterday with our son Joe and family.

I made his sticky date pudding for dessert, Joe said it was lovely, but somehow it just was not the same as his....
After the family left, I didn't feel much like sitting at the machine sewing...could be that I ate too much!

So I sat and did a little embroidery on the Crinoline Lady doily I bought at the show the other week, it's not very clear to see here, but here's what it will look like...hmm, sorry it's still not very clear!
The design is printed on a lovely pure Irish Linen slub fabric, with a list of what colour threads to use, there's even instructions on how to crochet the edge.
The design is by Bella Embroidery here in Australia, she has lots of beautiful patterns and kits to choose from.. I tried linking to them , but the link doesn't work.

Please note, that I am not affiliated in any way...just loved this design.

Must try and get some more stitching done today on my Berry Crush..

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty, Julia! Glad your day with the family was a good one.
    Love - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your doily is going to look very pretty. I've always loved embroidery, especially cross-stitch, but have lately discovered the joys of redwork. Have fun at your sewing machine today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you had a good day with your son and his family. Somehow, I would think that you are modest, I'll bet that he learned some of that good cooking from his mama and I'll bet your sticky date pudding was awesome, too. I like your crinoline lady. I got an embroidery machine this year, and I have been wanting some crinoline lady patterns that I have seen online. One of these days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The crinoline lady does look beautiful. Will be a real treat when she is finished

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥