Saturday, June 7

Berry Crush...Progress



My Berry Crush mystery quilt top blocks are all together, now for the borders.
The angle I took the photo makes the quilt look very long and narrow, I made it up with 5 blocks across and 7 blocks down and is really well balanced

I'm thinking of doing a brown and pink border, perhaps one inch brown, then 1/2 or 3/4 inch pink and then 2 inch brown again.



Because I set my blocks square on, and didn't need side and corner blocks to fill in, I have a whole lot of the above step 1, 2 and 3 blocks left over.....so I guess I'll just have to do another quilt to use these up.
I'll have to think about that and what I could put with them to make up a nice charity quilt...

P.S... don't forget to check back tomorrow to see who won the giveaway draw.
I'm excited to see whose name gets drawn out, Jamie the little boy over the road is going to draw the winning name.
When I asked him if he would do that for me, he said..."I would be happy to draw a winner", he is all of 2 1/2 years old, and as cute as a button!

3 comments:

  1. I think your quilt looks great, and Jamie sounds like a little charmer. Maybe, you can include his picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like your OC quilt. Great choice of colour and love that you chose to set it straight rather than onpoint. Wonderful :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berry Crush looks good. I haven't laid mine out yet, was busy sewing star blocks for Judy's Quilt for an Hour that I missed. But seeing the straight and on point sets is great to give me some ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥