It's been great fun making this quilt with girls from all over the world on the net.
As busy as she is Bonnie generously gave us her precious time to put together this mystery quilt for us to make....we all know how much time and effort goes into that plus writing up the instructions!
With Bonnie's step by step guidance in making the top, here is my finished quilt!
I just took close up pictures of the border quilting for you to see, perhaps you can also see what I have done all over the quilt...nothing fancy, but I think enough to finish off the quilt.
When I get a bit more practice in on my new machine, I'll tackle something more fancy...like feathers!
I set my blocks on the straight so I decided to stitch across and through the blocks on the diagonal. I made cigar shaped templates out of template plastic and quilted these shapes down certain parts of the quilt top.
With a slightly bigger cigar shaped template I marked in and quilted around the border, I started at the corners so that I made sure the sides ended up meeting, where the design did not quite meet in the middle I swung the stitching out to the top and bottom of the border making a diamond shape....BTW, I used a piece of green soap to make in the designs.
It's been fun, but I'm so glad it's finished, now to get onto my Dear Jane...