Saturday, June 28

Back to Jane.....so happy!

I'm so happy to be back working on my Dear Jane...

This is the first time this year that I have been able to get back to Jane.
I am doing my DJ in the Quilt-as-You-Go method...you can see the progress of last years blocks on my Dear Jane blog

I'm doing the Q-A-Y-G in sections of 4 blocks across by 4 rows down, my quilt will be a little smaller than Jane's.
Today I have just joined some blocks together ready for sandwich / basting and hand quilting, and hopefully time permitting make up some more blocks.
Just to be different, I am going to do a medallion centre piece on my DJ, but at this stage I still have lots more blocks to do...



My next to do project...
Last week, I received this book and CD for making Rosemary Youngs Civil War Love Letters quilt.
The book is full of beautiful letters that the soldiers wrote and sent home to their families, one of soldiers in the book who sent letters is Rutherford B Hayes, who later became the 19th President of the United States of America.
Come October, I am going to join in with a group of girls online and do the blocks with them, this is a great way to keep motivated and inspired....and hopefully have a beautiful quilt at the end of the project!

Off to do some more DJ blocks..





6 comments:

  1. It's nice to see your Jane again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Girl!
    I bet you are feeling great about getting back to DJ.
    I'm hand-quilting Dolly Quilt.
    'Bye - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is beautiful! I just started my Dear Jane, I only have 8 blocks finished. I had never thought of doing the quilt with the quilt as you go method.
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blocks are beautiful, and there doesn't seem to be a simple one in the bunch. I have never seen one in person, but the pictures I have seen are very beautiful. I think the quilt as you go method sounds a great way to do it. Are you starting at one and going from there, or do you jump from one to another that appeals to you? I just checked out your Dear Jane blog, and they are even more beautiful close up. Very inspiring work. Looks like you must love doing it, since you have gotten the new book and cd for the Civil War Love Letter Quilt. I hadn't heard of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Your Dear Jane is just beautiful! I haven't gotten up that much ambition, that's a lot of work:) Thanks so for sharing.
    HUGZ:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's looking great Julia! I will have to get back to mine shortly too. By the way they all look perfect to me!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥