Thursday, May 22

My Day at the Show....


I had the BEST day at the show yesterday...

I didn't buy much, only two things infact, I was too busy looking and checking everything out.
I bought a crinoline lady embroidery and a slider thingy, that goes on the machine to make the quilt slide easier when free motion quilting.
I think I'm going to have to go back and have another look..

One thing that did catch my eye tho was a quilting frame.
I played on for a while and 'I loved it'.....I want one!!
A couple of my friends bought quilt frames a couple of years ago and had a terrible time trying to work them, they ended up selling them at a loss, but this particular one, which I must add is very reasonabley priced was so smooth and easy to work with.
They do take up a lot of room tho , that's the big thing, is trying to find the room to put it where it won't be in the way.

I managed to get a couple of photos ...
Below is the quilt that won first prize and best of show.
Quilter Adriana Gismondi does the most beautiful work, if you could only see the fine details of this quilt, it is amazing...congratulations Adriana!





Below is my dear quilting friend Louise, she won first prize for her first time entry into the quilt show with her Recipe Quilt.... Congratulaions Louise!
A couple of years ago, our little quilting group called "Creative Threads" started a recipe quilt,you can see what I was doing and read more about it here .
Only a couple of the girls managed to finish their quilts, mine is still sitting in it's basket waiting for me to get inspired again and finish it off.


Now if I get the quilt frame, that might inspire me to finish it off, just so I could quilt it...grin!!


And below is me with this years raffle quilt.


Quite a few girls worked on this quilt, me included, I also put together the front for the cushion, then one of the other girls finished it off after it was quilted.
Isn't it a lovely bright quilt!!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great time. The quilts are all amazing. What kind of frame was it that you played on and liked. I would love to have one also, but have never been able to play on one. I'm waiting for a quilting show in Sept. and then I plan to check them out and dream some more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thankyou for sharing this with us. I love the Raffle Quilt, with matching cushion! Lovely photo of you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pleased you had a great time. The quilts are lovely. I love the blues in the raffle quilt. And as Meggie said, lovely picture of you.

    jane

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad you had a wonderful time at the quilt show. Your embroidery pattern looks lovely, good luck with the "slider" for machine free-motion. I have never tried one, but often wished I had one. Now if I only had the Bernina with the BSR attachment or better yet a long arm machine.

    (Deleted the post with email address, getting spam)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on reaching this milestone, bloghopping is lots of fun and very inspiring. Kerry

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥