Sunday, May 18

Grandma's Garden Top...finished

I'm calling this Grandma's Garden quilt top finished...

I ended up doing a smaller vine of flowers in the opposite corners as it looked a bit bare there, but I'm happy with how it is now.
It's so hard to get a good photo of a quilt laid out on the floor, I stood up on a step ladder and it's still not that clear.
As soon as I sandwich it together with the batting and backing, I'll start to hand quilt it.
I'm so glad that's done...

I really want to get on with my Dear Jane quilt...

3 comments:

  1. It's looking really pretty. I know how you feel about wanting to get something finished - I feel the same about my black and white quilt. I love it, but I'm getting rather bored with making it now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful. I remember your asking opinions on the corners, and it looks like you found the perfect solution. It is hard to get a good angle when photographing from above. I have the same problem, but i hadn't thought of a stepladder. I have been standing on a chair, and I think that yours turned out better than mine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I can hear the sigh of relief from here, Julia! Now you won't be happy until the hand quilting is done - make sure you relax and enjoy every stitch you do - so little hand quilting is done these days and you are lucky to be able to continue the tradition.
    Love - Lurline.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥