Wednesday, April 16

Grandma's Garden....arranging blocks.

I spent the day yesterday arranging and sewing together my Grandma's Garden blocks...

I'm thinking of doing a centre medallion block, but trying to find the right block is proving to be more difficult than I thought it would be.
The centre block needs to be in the same theme as the 1930's era and that would suit the fabrics.
I'm tossing up between a basket /vase of flowers or a wreath of flowers, not really sure which would be the most in keeping with that time and what would suit.
Perhaps a search on the net might spark an idea...

We look like getting some rain today, just perfect for a day of sewing.
Have a lovely day..

4 comments:

  1. Those blocks are really daint and pretty. I wouldn't know what to put with them, except more of the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I'd do a basket or vase of flowers - it would fit the theme. I remember my own nana picking the flowers in her garden and putting them in a vase on a hall table :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is lovely. I often visit your blog - it's amazing how quickly your quilts seem to grow. I've never done quilting myself but can appreciate all the work involved.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful...and your first piece? Gorgeous SRE on that block.

    Hon, I wanted to let you know that you have a lady named Katie on your blog links and it goes to my blog...Not that I don't love people visiting my blog, but this poor gal has nobody visiting hers..

    Have a great day
    JK

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥