Tuesday, April 22

Grandma's Garden Quilt..centre block.


Sorry this is such a terrible photo, I took it late last night before going to bed..
It's not even the right way up!
I'll get a better picture when the block is completed..

I just wanted to see if this vase of flowers that I have chosen for my centre medallion block is going to work with this quilt.
I thought this simple little vase was very 1930's.
I'm going to fill it with these simple daisies and tulips, plus a few leaves added to the stems should finish it off nicely.

I can just imagine back in the 1930's that this type of vase filled with flowers would be on a lace doily in the middle of the table.
I also thought perhaps a pink bow to the neck of the vase.
I'll see how it looks after I've added all the flowers and leaves..

2 comments:

  1. This quilt looks very light and pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great idea for the center of a grandmother's flower quilt. Reminds me of what Gwen Marston does.pmbon

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥