Saturday, March 15

Home Sweet Home....DH home at last!

At last, I am so happy to post that my darling DH is home for good, minus the 'accessories' he had to carry before.....and as you can see by the smile on his face, he is happy to be home.
Already he is looking at getting back onto his computer, which is a good sign.

He is and always will be a very independent person, and likes to do as much as he can for himself, which is a good thing in a way, but having said that, getting up on the roof to clean the Alsynite himself instead of getting someone else to do it was not a good thing, .....that's something he'll never do again!

I must admit, that I'm a bit paranoid now about him hurting himself again , and will have to try not to fuss and baby him to much, so that he can get his confidence back and look after himself as much as possible.
Now if he would just slow down, and take his time doing stuff....he tends to do everything in top gear!

I'm hoping to get back into my stitching, when we get settled back into some sort of normality, whatever that will be.
My life will never be quite the same again, but at least I have darling Dh home, which is the most important thing.
I'm told his short term memory may come back, but could still take months and he won't be able to drive anymore.

Thank you to my dear friend Lurline, her caring friendship, time and support, helped to lift me up when I was feeling down.
Thank you to my family and friends who helped get me through this...

14 comments:

  1. Hi Julia,I am very happy for both of you too !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julia,
    How wonderful to hear and see that Reno is home. I have been keeping you both in my thoughts and prayers. He certainly looks very healthy and I can imagine him being in top gear with you trying to keep up...vbg.
    Much love and many hugs to you both

    Catherine and the Gang in
    Swan Hill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so very glad your husband is back home with you. No more roof cleaning for him for a while!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful news, Julia. Blessings on you both!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome home Reno. How wonderful he is home again, he has made a remarkable recovery!
    You will be able to relax a little now, Julia. What a strain it has all been, but a very happy outcome.
    Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia, I am so happy for you and your husband that he is finally home. It was a long, slow climb to get there, but he is finally there. Hopefully over time his short term memory will improve.

    I am so happy that this turned out well for both of you.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Julia, lovely to have you back with us and I can fully understand you being paranoid about your darling DH, I am too over my boys but I can assure it does get easier. We have missed you so much, take care of yourself also though, won't you.
    Much love
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations to you both. Wonderful news.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hooray! I'm glad to hear your hubby is home. I can only begin to imagine how happy you are.

    ReplyDelete
  10. YEAH, WHOOHOO, HOORAY...He is home and on the mend! Congratulations to you and your family; I know what it is like not having your honey around and ill.... I wish you all well and happiness now that he is back....
    Lots of hugz
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so happy he's home. He looks terrific in this picture! I know it is so tempting to take more care of him than he likes, when this scary thing has happened. I'm sure you will find a balance, though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dear Julia, Hubby looks so much better in this photo! You are both so fortunate that he has made such giant steps in his recovery. I bet he was in good health before the accident, and this always helps the recovery process after major trauma to one's body. My Ken has surprised his cardiologist and our GP, by continuing to work full time with chronic heart failure and emphysema. But apart from those, he is fit, so one thing compensates for another I guess. Don't apologise for fussing over him - I still fuss over Ken 7 years down the track!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm so thrilled for the both of you and I too hope that both you and DH so settle back into a more "normal" (if there is such a thing) day to day life without the worries or at least tampered down some! Take care and enjoy your days now that he's home.

    BTW Julia we miss you on the CQF list!!!

    Hugs, Rose Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥