Monday, March 3

Dh Update...

For family and friends, who are wondering how my DH is doing...

It been ten days now since my last post and I am still not doing any stitching, as much as I would like to, I just can't seem to settle down and put my mind to doing any stitching.
My days are taken up with travelling up and down to see him in hospital, my evenings catching up with things at home, a bite to eat and then I'm so tired all I want to do is go to bed.

Family away and friends are keen to know how my Dh is doing.
He is doing really well, still has a problem with short term memory loss, they say that will come back eventually.
He came home for an overnight break away from the hospital..." Time off for good behaviour" he calls it.
As you can see he is smiling and very happy to be home for a while, even tho he still has his 'accessories' to carry around with him where ever he goes.....hopefully they will come off in a few days time!
The nurses said he was starting to look like Einstein with his hair sticking out everywhere, so I gave him a haircut, I was amazed just how much hair I needed to cut off.
Once that hard collar comes off he will be so much more comfortable, he does have a softer one for sleeping with.

Thank you everyone for your best wishes and concern, hopefully next post will be that he is home for good...


9 comments:

  1. Thats wonderful news Julia. Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am happy for both of you that it goes the right way with DH. He looks very happy in his own arm chair :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thankyou Julia, for sharing the good news with us. DH certainly looks to be in very good spirits!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go Reno! You look so very comfortable resting in the chair.
    It is great to hear you will soon be home for good.
    cheers Maureen and Graeme

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so thrilled for you and Reno. Seems to me like he falls into the miracle guidelines! I'm still praying for both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the update! So glad he continues to improve. Yes, he does look happier on furlough!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Julia, I've just read your blog for the first time in ages; I am so sorry to hear about your husband's accident. What an awful shock for you...I'm glad he is on the road to recovery now.
    Hugs,
    Gina

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Julia I bet that one night on good behaviour did both of you lots of good too! There is a light at the end of the tunnel. Take heart and try and relax some.

    HUGS, Rose Anne

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥