Friday, February 22

Time to Create Again...

I haven't picked up a needle and thread for over four weeks...

Now that my DH is over the critical stage, I feel I can perhaps find some inspiration to create some needlework again.
Yesterday during my DH's rest period I went for a stroll around the shops and found this beautiful rich brocade fabric piece, as soon as I saw it, I fell in love with it and just had to buy a piece.....the more I look at it the more inspiration I get for what I could make from it....I may just have to go back and buy some more!

Time is a bit of an issue tho, as I travel up to the hospital and back each day, some days by the time I get home, it's all I can do to get some dinner and relax a bit .

My DH had a bit of a set back with a UTI infection, but some strong antibiotics seem to be clearing that up.
He has just been moved to a rehab hospital, where they encourage him to get dressed in day clothes and be up out of bed most of the day.
He is still weak and a bit wobbly on his legs, but here they concentrate on lots of physio, and OT for his short term memory.

Thank you for your messages of comfort and prayers


6 comments:

  1. Dear Julia, it is lovely to hear that your DH is making progress albeit slowly and I am glad you will be able to get to stitching again soon.
    I am enjoying the lovely photoes of your family, he is a handsome man.
    Always in my thoughts
    Much love
    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad to hear of your DH's progress. We will say a special prayer for him (and you!) at dinner. Just think of all the prayers and well wishes you would have missed out on if you hadn't blogged about this...so glad you did.
    Hugs,
    Lin Moon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats great news. Makes it obvious that he really is on the road to home. Good to hear that you are starting to have time to think of sewing again too.
    Best wishes to you both.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is a most beautiful piece of fabric. I look forward to seeing what you make with it. I'm glad to hear of your husband being transferred into a sort of half-way home kind of facility. He will be able to build his strength and get a routine going.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, I am so glad to read of your DH's recovery progress. It take a huge toll on the one who cares also, so please look after yourself!
    Make a little time to sew & rest.
    Hugsxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia,
    I am so glad to read your DH is improving. Praying for continued healing.

    Also, I so enjoy reading your blog, and to see your beautiful work.

    I have been tagged to share 7 ramdom things about myself and then pass the tag on to 7 other people. If you will play I'm passing it on to you. Check my blog for the rules.
    God Bless,

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥