Saturday, January 19

Mystery Quilt...progress.

I have started to put my mystery quilt together...
First off, I think I need lessons in photography!...sorry the photo is not as clear as it could be.

I have put the first three rows together, and I really love it!
It's turning out much better than I thought it would, I was mainly worried about my chosen colours.
Of course the idea was to use scraps, and I did as much as I could, but at the same time, I wanted to keep it uniform and connected, so the design does not get lost in the scraps.

Another thing I found, if one colour stands out more than the others, in my case the deep burgundy floral, when putting the rows together, I will need to be careful that I don't end up with too much burgundy up one end of the quilt and none at the other end.
I find if I lay the rows down on the floor, take photos with my digital camera and load them onto my computer, I can see the quilt in a better perspective, and if blocks need to be moved around.
Thank goodness for digital cameras...and computers!

Ok, I'm off to stitch some more on the quilt..

3 comments:

  1. I think yours is looking very pretty, love the colours.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your colors/fabrics. Your quilt will be gorgeous!

    Cheri

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is beautiful! Your accent color really pops the quilt.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥