Thursday, January 10

Grandma's Garden Quilt...progress

While waiting for the next step of the Mystery Quilt to be posted, and my fabric to arrive so I can finish the hour glass blocks, I have been filling in time working on my Grandma's Garden Quilt blocks.
I was going to do this quilt in the traditional way of joining all the flowers with cream hexagons, but I'm cheating!
I'm taking the easy way out and appliqueing the flowers onto 9 inch blocks and then setting them on points, I will add hexagon diamonds on the corner seams.
I think it should still finish up quite lovely.

There's so much I want to do, as well as get back into my Dear Jane blocks, everyday I look at them and think, 'perhaps tomorrow, I'll do a few DJ blocks', but still have not picked them up since way before Christmas.
Off to check to see if Mystery step 6 is posted....

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh...I think it will look just wonderful when you´re finished...lovely colours....

    Wish I could trade your weather for mine...;D

    Stina in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is an awesome idea. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, this is going to be one b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l quilt! I admire your taste & your skill. Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog, Dazzling Ornaments! Hard to believe it's the 10th already! Keep up your FINE work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This will be a wonderful variation on the traditional quilt. I love the idea of the pieces in the corners of the blocks.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥