Monday, January 21

Carolina Crossroads...together

Here's my Mystery quilt top blocks all stitched together..

I decided to leave one row off the side to make it more rectangular than square, I think it looks OK...with the blocks I took off, I can make a table runner.
Now I'm trying to decided what colour borders to add, the light fabric for the framing border does not work...too pale!
I think I have enough of the green and light background fabric to do it this way, but I'm not totally happy with this look either.
Thinking it might need a bolder brighter outer border....perhaps a small floral burgundy with the green might look better.
Off to have another look at it...

11 comments:

  1. It looks terrific. I love the colours. I love the green border if you have enough. Hugs Khris

    ReplyDelete
  2. It looks wonderful. I like the green, but agree a darker outer border would look better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks great! I made mine a rectangle shape too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi!

    I think you need a darker border that will tie in with the splashes of burgundy throughout the quilt. I think you have a good eye for colour and this will be a really nice quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you quilt looks gorgeous.. I'd go the darker border too, burgundy would look great..

    I am ever hopeful to get my top together this week, just need some time and a cat to behave himself!


    Lissa
    owner of the block theif pussy cat..

    ReplyDelete
  6. The quilt turned out great Julia.I think I would choose a bit darker outher border too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blocks look great! I need to get moving, I got sidetracked and only just finished step 6.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks wonderful. I almost made mine rectangular, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yours is still my favorite. It looks great all put together.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥