Friday, December 28

Mystery Quilt...step 4 triangles

I managed to get a bit more done on my mystery quilt...

Well, first off, I had to redo the 9 patches, because silly me did not read the instructions properly!
If you go back a couple of posts, you will see that I had lights on the outside four corners, when they should have been my darks, with a dark fabric also in the centre.
My dear quilting friend Prue pointed it out to me, and luckily, before I had done all 80!

With that fixed, I have now done 20 triangles pieces which is only half of what I need, so back to the sewing machine later today.
This is so exciting, to see where this quilt is going, and what we will end up with.... I'm so glad I stuck with florals, hopefully it will be a pretty quilt!

BTW...have you got through your Christmas leftovers yet!
I am so over HAM! ...Dh insisted on buying a big leg of ham, of course we had lots of ham left over, so it's been toasted ham and cheese sandwiches, ham and salad, ham and egg omelet, and every other ham dish I could think of.
The ham bone will end up pea and ham soup!

Have a good day, it's a bit cooler today, so I'm off to sew after I tidy up around here...

6 comments:

  1. Glad you discovered the mistake. In the end, it would have been different, but might have been just fine.

    I never get enough ham. I could eat it 365 days a year. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the floral prints you've used. It's going to be so pretty when done:)
    HUGZ:)
    Candi
    PS
    I'm so hammed out I can't tell you! lol The rest ended up in the freezer! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your colors too. Good job getting 20 of the triangles done. They look great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gom loves great chunks of ham lightly fried, with pineapple rings, & an egg & chips. Probably not a good choice for someone with cholesterol issues, but luckily that is something we dont have.

    your quilt is looking very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your mystery quilt progress. Love your colours/fabrics :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥