Thursday, November 22

Japanese Tablerunner...


Here's a little table runner I ran up the other day.
So easy to do, and only takes three fat quarters to make up one of these.
Great idea for Christmas presents, last year I made some up in Christmas fabrics and everyone loved them or make one up in your decor colours and dress up your table.
The free pattern for this table runner is here...
This one here I thought I would make up in the quilt-as-you-go method, which is a great way of doing it, and saves quilting in the ditch later on.
I cut backing and wadding a little bigger than needed... best to do this and trim back later.
Lay them flat on a table with backing fabric face down and wadding on top.
Then I positioned and laid the centre square piece on points, in the middle on the wadding,.
I pinned it well and machine cross hatch quilted it.
Then I just added the strips working my way outwards ...adding the strips in the stitch and flip method as I go, at both ends alternately, pinning well before stitching, checking and making sure the backing fabric stays nice and flat as I go.
When all the strips have been added, trim back and then it's just a matter of attaching the binding.
Don't forget to add a label on the back

3 comments:

  1. What a great way to use up some of those big prints! I love the contrast with the red strips. Thanks for sharing the link, and your way of stitching it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. More wonderful help!
    Love your blog, & all that I see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great thanks Julia. Looks quick and easy, instant gratification.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥