Thursday, September 6

Sewing CQ # 2...a little bit of progress..

Not a lot done here, as I'm trying to work more on my Dear Jane quilt, but I thought you might like a look anyway...
I paper pieced some one inch hexagons and placed them around the piece of embroidery that I cut out from a very badly stained old doily.
If you scroll done to the previous post, you will see where this embroidered piece is on the block.
I will be putting the half Dresden plate again on this block, as I really loved how it looks on the other block.
OK, back to my Dear Jane blocks... I'm really trying not to let it take me ten years to make the DJ quilt, it is very challenging and been known to take years for some ladies to finish their DJ quilts...

4 comments:

  1. Lovely. The colours are so fresh and pretty. I'm glad you're putting another half plate on, it does look so good on the other cushion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work is so lovely. I think that is a great idea for using badly stained doilies. They will live on, & still be appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It looks great! I had to go back and forth between posts several times before I realized that the doily piece was the center. I know you said that, but it wasn't coming through my thick head! It looked so much like another perfect piece of 30s fabric!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like these hexagons. Would that be considered a "grandma's flower garden" type of pattern? Good idea to add the embroidered piece in the middle. I like that.

    Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥