Tuesday, August 7

Family Quilt...finished at last!

Finished at last!...
Well after such a long time looking for the right colour of silk Dupion fabric to finish the family quilt...it's all done.
When looking for the right colour, I found, Ruby, Muscat, Claret, Wine, Maroon, Dark Red...(it was like looking at wine labels !) all just within a shade or two of each other, then just as I had nearly given up I came across this Burgundy silk, just the perfect shade that I needed.....and to top it off, I found it just a 20 minutes drive away from home.


Along the top border, I embroidered the word 'Memories" highlighting the letter M with Fargo roses, French knots and tiny buds. I think this looks brighter and shows up better than the first one did and posted a few days ago.

The quilt is not very big, just a metre square, just big enough to hold these memories on it and a keepsake for the kids to have in the future...

11 comments:

  1. Julia, it is so beautiful, It will become a treasure in your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful Julia, I'm sure it will be treasured for many generations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Julia
    I 'm hopeful that future generations appreciate all the love and work that went into completing this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julia, your 'memories' quilt is just gorgeous ..... so much beautiful stitching, photos of family .. it is perfect and no doubt will be muchly loved through many generations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful. I do like it with the lighter thread. The roses on the M and the little loop on the r make it just perfect. What a wonderful quilt, sure to be an heirloom. I always enjoy watching your projects progress!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...exactly to Susan's comments! What a wonderful keepsake for your family!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's beautiful. I especially like your color choices for the frame and lettering. It was nice to watch it come together through your posts and now a real treat to see it finished. BRAVO!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Julia, that is just such a special treasure! Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Julia, I have watched your progress on this quilt, I haven't posted even a comment though. Finally you finished it, I feel like I have to leave my comment. Beautiful and impressive work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Julia your quilt is gorgeous! Did you add the pic's after the blocks were made or sew them in as you made the blocks?
    HUGZ:)
    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh I concur...this quilt is so spectacular! You did pick just exactly the right border, too.

    I want to make a family memory quilt one day too, with pictures of all the near and dear ones...your quilt is an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥