Friday, July 13

Quilts....two more

This is my design of a red work quilt...

I also have these red work embroidery pieces on other things. I made this quilt because I picked up the toile fabric on sale and didn't know what to use it on...


This kaleidoscope table cloth was done in a workshop with my P/work group.


It's an interesting method where you line up your fabric pattern repeats about 4 -6 high , fussy cut through them with a 60 degree angle ruler, then when you join them up you have the kaleidoscope pattern.

Here is a site that sells kits of kaleidoscope patterns, and you will also see all the different designs you can make with this method...

I have no affiliation with this company, just wanted to show you an example of what you can do...NAYY...

2 comments:

  1. Those are both pretty. I took a peep at the link you provided too, there are some interesting ideas there, thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea to use the toile fabric with the redwork embroidery! You are so creative, Julia. I have just drooled over the pictures here of your family room. One of my friends here is a prolific quilter, and like you, she has them all over her house, and every time I walk in the door, it feels so warm and comfortable. Your hubby must be a kind person to make you the special stand to display the quilts. Some men are not so tolerant of their partner's hobbies!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥