Saturday, July 28

New Buys...computer software


I did not realize I had not posted for so long....I blame my new toys for that!...
I went and bought some new software for my computer, as if I don't already have enough to do...but you know how it is!

I fell in love with a quilt called "Quilted Diamonds" but Linda Franz, so I just had to have the book and CD...but I also needed to have Electric Quilt6 program to run it...So, yes you guessed it I bought that too!
That's where I've been for the last few days..trying to work out how to use the two programs together, and I can tell you now, it's not as easy as I thought it would be.
The good thing about the programmes is that I will be able to print off the patterns for the diamonds as I need to.
I would really love to learn how to design a quilt on the program and colour in the pieces with my own fabrics scanned onto the computer, that's what I'm having a trouble doing...but as they say perseverance pays off...so I'll keep at it till I get it worked out!...

2 kind people said..:

Gina E. said...

Julia, if you can spare a moment, pop across to Patra's Place, you might be interested in the photos I posted on Friday. I went to the Craft & Quilt Show and took heaps of photos of the quilts. They were fabulous!

meggie said...

Oooh I am wishing I had those programmes to play with too! I would love to try them out. Have fun!