Monday, July 9

More of my quilts..
For some reason, blogger won't let me add a heading to the posts, anyway...
Here is a cute little wall hang I did in a workshop with my quilting group a few years ago.
It is a design by Pat Weir Smith from here in Perth, we had a great day doing this quilt, Pat was a great teacher, but I believe that she does not teach anymore.
The bows are done in foundation piecing, the stitch and flip method on paper, a lot like CQ piecing but in a numbered orderly method..then the surrounding triangles are set in and an appliqued square piece in the middle.
The border sashing and centre square are blanket stitched, hand appliqued tulips and leaves, the finished piece measures just18 inches square...
These cute tiny miniature quilts are also from Pat's designs...Pat did a lot of miniature quilt designs which she became well known for...

3 comments:

  1. Oh Wow! I especially like the miniature heart quilt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a pretty little treasure! I love the colours, & design.

    ReplyDelete
  3. hi Julia, I am trying to track down Pat Weir Smith for a friend. Would you have any contact details for her?
    regards
    Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥