Thursday, July 12

Country Quilts...houses.

Still in the country style...here are three more of my quilts / wall hangings.
This particular design was for a cushion, but I thought it was too big, so I made it into a wall hanging instead.
The window flower boxes are filled with ribbon embroidered flowers...

This one is a personal favourite of mine...country hearts, birdhouses, and big flowers...
At first I didn't really like this one, but I have warmed to it over time.
I think it was the bright reds and greens that I did not like...they are much brighter than they look here in this photo..
Even though I don't like a quilt that I have made I still find it very hard to give it away, a lot of oneself, time and work goes into a quilt, having said that, I have made lots of quilts for my family members, who love them and appreciate them...
I hope you enjoy looking at my quilts...still quite a few more to come!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, the bottom quilt is darling! I love it. It's so wonderfully dimensional. Personally, I think the reds and greens work well together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute, cute, and more cute! I love them all, but I think the middle is my favorite. These are just fun to look at, and I think were fun to make, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I for one am thoroughly enjoying looking at all your lovely quilts. I love the top one, I want to live in that one I think.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just LOVE seeing all your quilts Julia. They are beautiful.
    I used to make porcelain dolls, & didnt like to give them away, or sell them, unless I made them specifically for someone else. I am the same about my quilts.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥