Saturday, June 9

More on My Block...

This block is a joy to work on...I'm loving how it's turning out.
Last night I added the flower posy at the top. I worked in the ball of flowers with Fargo roses in several different colours of 7mm silk ribbon...Where I can I like to use up the little bits of left over ribbons, and this is a great way to do that.
At the bottom I drew in a bow freehand and filled in the wider parts of the bow with 4mm silk ribbon Fargo roses, with a few french knots in between, I outlined the bow with stem stitch.
To the left bottom, I stitched in three sprigs of lavender.
Now I just need to add something to the right side of the photo to fill in that burgundy patch, and I think that will do it until I stitch the blocks together and have another look at it..

2 comments:

  1. Julia, it is a lovely block. I love the way you made the roses on the lace.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥