Friday, June 22

Japanese Fabric Jacket....


The other day afternoon I started to make a jacket for my self...
Remember the cheater quilted japanese fabric I bought a few weeks ago, well, I originally bought the fabric to make a dressing gown, but my friends all said it was too nice for that and to make a jacket instead, so I did!
I must say, it has turned out really lovely...no, sorry I'm not modelling the jacket.
I made it from a bought pattern and it went together beautifully, the only adjustment I had to make was that the shoulders were a little too wide, but with that adjusteded, it's fits perfectly.
I bought some black oriental toggles for the edge to edge closure, and they finish the jacket off perfectly...

7 comments:

  1. You are good!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Julia!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very handsome jacket. Perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful looking jacket...i do hope you ARE planning to wear it! i bet it looks fantastic on you with that gorgeous dark hair of yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree with the others, Julia. It's gorgeous and I can actually "see" you in it. Perfect, well done!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Julia this is such a Classy jacket.
    What a shame we aren't the same size. LOL
    I bet it brings lots of lovely comments when you wear it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh Julia wot a lovely lovely jacket and your friends were so right much to lovely for a dressinggown!
    love n hugs bear xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥