Thursday, June 14

Family Quilt...progress..

I was hoping to have a lot more done on this block, but with one thing or another, time has gotten away from me...
This is my DD Linda and her family, here I have worked in a pretty little violets seam treatment, next to it I embellished the cream vintage lace, this time with little pink SRE rose buds and green leaves.
I was given the lovely green braid and thought it was a great colour for this block, brings out the green patches a bit more, I have just caught the braid down with detached chain stitches using a DMC burgundy rayon thread which has a lovely shine to it.
At the top right, is a curved feather stitch seam, with detached chain stitch buds.
Hopefully , I shall be able to work on it some more tonight...at the moment, I'm trying to finish off a little baby cot quilt for a dear friends son and his wife, who have just become parents for the first time ....

5 comments:

  1. I just adore the little violets!!! I'm going to have to remember how you made those! Very simple too, and just so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is really starting to take shape Julia, I love all the delicate stitching you are doing and those beautiful family photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh ahh Julia love the violets and the green trim is lovely and as U say brings out the green patches etc- Your family quilt is coming along so beautifully its wonderful-
    love n hugs bear xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everything looks so fine and elegant, as your stuff always seems to be. I really like that green braid!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a very beautiful block! The violets are lovely.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥