Friday, June 22

Family Quilt ...family

A little more work on my family quilt blocks...
Slowly but surely, I am getting the blocks embellished.
This block is turning out to be a happy colourful block, I love this family photo with our kids and this photo of our youngest Laurie is just lovely...look at that smile!

Here, I have worked in Fuchsia flowers around the top of the family photo, and gorgeous Melanie roses in a purple silk ribbon around the bottom of Son's photo.
At the top, I caught down the lace trim with detached chain stitch buds and leaves in colour co-ordinating threads...next to that lace is a chevron and herring bone stitch combination with ribbon and lazy daisy flower buds.
The fan lace motif will be beaded and SRE, then I will need to fill in some of the patches...

Yesterday I started making a Jacket with that cheater quilted Japanese fabric I bought a few weeks ago.... it's nearly finished, just the sleeves to hem up and the front closure trims to add, then I will post a picture of it...

3 comments:

  1. I can hardly wait to see what you do on the fan. This block is coming together very nicely, and I love the variety of roses you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right. Your son's smile could light a house! Wonderful.
    And you lovely family photo looks so happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. indeed, that's a wonderful smile all right! a very handsome son you have there Julia, but what else could one expect with you and Reno as the parents

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥