Sunday, April 22

Quilted Japanese Fabric...

At patchwork last week I bought this gorgeous already quilted Japanese cheater fabric...
The minute I saw it, I thought " I must have that"...
I was thinking of making a nice warm dressing gown, but the more I look at it, the more a jacket looks more appealing....I need a dressing gown, but!!
It's fairly thick, I washed it to see if the dye would run, but it didn't and it washed up beautifully, I don't even think it shrunk at all.
I thought something simple, edge to edge front, shaped in a little at the waist with perhaps a Mandarin collar.
The best part was the price, only $25 a metre, I was told it's normally $32 metre.
Each month at our guild p/work group a local shop comes in with their fabrics, patterns, kits, etc. and have lovely discounted items just for that day.
I bought 4 metres, so with a bit of luck, there might be enough for a jacket and a short gown..

2 comments:

  1. I so agree with you re-crazy quilting blocks talking to you. So many times Julia I have planned 'some' block, for it only to take on a mind of it's own. I rarely plan my blocks now, they create themselves. How big will your quilt be? I so look forwards to seeing your quilt take shape. Hugggles Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it sounds a great idea to turn into a jacket....just as you described. Fabric is wonderful

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥