Sunday, April 29

Family Quilt...embellishing

Last night I worked a bit on this block and started the embellishing...
I thought I would post it up here to see it in another light...so to speak.
I'd like to keep it very Victorian, Victorian to me is using these dark rick colours of black, burgundy, olive and gold, but they seem to show up very dark on the computer,
I was a bit worried that the blocks were looking a bit dark and sad, but I think it's starting to lighten up a bit with the embellishing.
The tea dyed lace framed around my Mum's picture is sprinkled with crystal beads and with detached chain stitches in between the lace loops.
The hand dyed rose lace adds a bit of colour to the block, as does the seam treatments in pink and green threads.
I'm thinking of doing their initials on the block, I'll see where the block takes me as I progress on it...

5 comments:

  1. I think you're right - the embellishments are lightening it up some. I like the way you dyed that motif on the upper right. The little pink and green seam is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blocks for your quilt are looking gorgeous Julia. The darkness of the fabrics will show all the embellishing and photos off perfectly. That old motif is just gorgeous and I love the photo of Reno and yourself on your wedding day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting to watch this happening.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Family block is wonderful Julia. The Victorian shades are just the thing for this work. I love everything about this one and all seams are delightful to see.
    What a marvellous quilt it will be when finally finished.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥