Thursday, March 1

UFO.....finishing off UFO's


Well, it was a funny day of sorts for me yesterday...
With the Japanese quilt finished, I was at a bit of a loose end, I really wanted to do something 'pretty', but what?
I didn't know what to start on first, so I thought I would have a clean up in the sewing room and put away the remnants of the Japanese fabrics while I think about what to do next.
I thought that going through my ribbons and stuff might just trigger off a bit of inspiration, then I came across this piece of work that I must have started about 3-4 years ago.
Yes, that's me and my beloved, back in April 1962...and we are still happily together.
Thinking back, I remember not liking the ribbon roses that I had stitched on it, I thought they were a bit bright and was going to take them off and start again.
Looking at it here, I'm still not sure about the roses, there are little pearl beads among the roses, maybe I need to stitch on some more pearl beads.
It might look better once I box frame it in a gold frame with a cream Matt board surround.
What do you think?...

5 comments:

  1. Oh it is lovely! Dont take it apart- perhaps add more pearls.
    I think it will look lovely with the frame you describe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia,

    I think it's absolutely stunning! The roses are perfect but I agree, some more pearls would definately enhance it!

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, it is so gorgeous! Thanks for sharing your progress on it - it was good to follow along with you....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey - since you're into UFOs, have you seen this Roswell video?
    www.flownetworkproductions.com/evidenceofaliens.htm
    I thought it was fake until I watched Part 2. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey - since you're into UFOs, have you seen this Roswell video?
    www.flownetworkproductions.com/evidenceofaliens.htm
    I thought it was fake until I watched Part 2. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥