Monday, March 19

Mother's Day CQ Kit...


With mother's day coming up, I thought I would put together this little CQ kit.
I remembered I had this cross stitched "Mother" in my stash and now was a perfect time to use it, together with a teacup satin print...
Sadly, my Mum is no longer with us, so I have listed it on my Etsy for someone to enjoy embellishing it.
I've done all the fiddly bits and put together a 10 inch "ready to embellish" crazyquilt block included are: some beads,
A humming bird charm,
one yard each of three different matching silk ribbons, in 7mm wide,
two pieces of hand dyed lace,
A heart and butterfly hand-dyed lace motif.
Sequined braid
Centre crossed stitched "Mother" letters in sage green thread and a satin teacup print.
a great size to let yourself go and be creative.
Add more of your own embellishments and threads to make a one-of-a-kind unique Crazy quilt, bag, framed picture or finish into a pillow.

2 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, & some lucky mother will love it.
    My Dear Mother has gone too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a gorgeous block. If I still had a living mother, I'd snap up the block, but I'm now the matriarch, and I won't make it for myself. I love the colors and the laces!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥