Sunday, March 25

Cameo Hexagon Box...


Remember this little UFO that I was doing...Well it has finished up on the lid of a hexagon box.
At the time that I finished the needlework, I was not sure if it would be a purse or a framed picture.
Well, another purse I do not need...my friends call me "the bag Lady" as it is, and most of my walls are covered, it's getting that way that the only space left is on the ceiling!
I had this wooden hex box that I tried to do a fancy crackle paint finish, but it did not quite turn out as good as I had hoped .
So covering the lid like this works really well, all that shows now is the sides....and I must admit it does look really nice.
So that is this UFO officially finished..

3 comments:

  1. Julia, another gorgeous piece from your hands! Yes, I know the feeling of only have ceiling space left. That's why I make purses too!

    I love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect solution for a gorgeous piece of work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! I like that - looks like it was made for it specifically.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥