Sunday, March 4

Black Pansy Purse......my pattern


This is a beautiful black silk fabric purse I taught in my embroidery class a couple of years ago...
It was a one day workshop...yes, that's right, the girls made one just like this in a 6 hour one day workshop.
It doesn't show up too well, but there is a large black lace motif, that is all beaded with gorgeous oil slick beads, just like the ones on the beaded fringe.
The bought pansies saves a lot of time, though they are really very easy to make yourself, and the green ribbon leaves are so easy to make too.
With some beads sewn scattered among the pansies, and a bit of feather stitching to soften and highlight, it makes up into a beautiful evening purse to compliment any outfit
The purse is fully lined in taffeta with a magnetic clasp, and finished off with a cord shoulder strap.
I have the pattern for this purse for sale in my Etsy shop if you would like to make one yourself...
Looks like a beautiful day coming up, so off to the Sunday markets we shall go..

2 comments:

  1. I love this! Since I can't come to one of YOUR workshops, have you ever published directions for these little purses? Looks like wonderful Christmas presents for the gals in my family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gaylenona, Thank you
    I have a couple of patterns for this purse up for sale in my Etsy shop...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥