Sunday, February 25

Japanese Quilt Update.....still quilting!


Just a little update on my Japanese quilt...I'm still hand quilting!
It feels like I have been working on this quilt forever, but really it's only been five weeks now.
I scanned this first picture of the border, but I don't think you can see the hand quilting on it very well, try clicking on the pic and see if it shows up bigger and better.
I'm quilting a scallop/ ocean wave design around the border in a red quilting thread so that it stands out a little...it is one of the most common designs seen on Japanese fabrics, I have it in the quilt on red fabric.


Here is the fan block, this one shows up the hand quilting better.
I must admit, I'm not very good at hand quilting, but it does look and enhance some quilts better than machine quilting.
I have quilted circles on the fan, circles play a big part in the Japanese culture, in fact i have stitched quite a few circles on the quilt, not only do they look good but they are also quite easy to do.
Well, It's Sunday here today, so I think I'll have a rest from the quilt today and have a day out at the markets with DH...

2 comments:

  1. Over here from meggie, snooping! you do beautiful work. I also am no expert on hand quilting, but the look appeals to me much more than machine quilting, so I slog away. Love the last block of your Japanese quilt....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your hand quilting looks very neat and nice to me. It's much better than machine quilting.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥