Monday, January 29

Japanese Quilt ....Kimono


Japanese Quilt ....Kimono
Originally uploaded by Ribbonwiz.
I'm still working on my Japanese quilt..
Yesterday was another one of those over 40 degree Celsius hot days, that's three in a row so far.
So as before, I stayed indoors, under the air con, and worked on the kimono block, I'm very pleased with how it turned out.
This photo shot shows up the true colours of the fabrics.
I agonized for so long whether to put the kimono on such a much lighter in colour fabric to the rest of the blocks.
The background fabric is still Japanese, and I'm hoping it will make the kimono stand out...I think it will work!

4 comments:

  1. That is so gorgeous it makes my teeth ache!

    Blogger is really playing tricks on me this morning- it keeps denying my visual verification, then pretends I am not here! grrrr. It also took ages for your pics to load...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhhh, I love your kimono block. The colors are GREAT! Thank you for letting us watch you put this together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just found your blog. I like the blocks for your Japanese quilt. I like this kimono block and the hexagons the best (so far).

    By the way I envy you your hot weather. . .I'm in Chicago and it is -16 C today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥