Saturday, January 27

Japanese Quilt ...Oriental fans # 1 & 2



Two more blocks to add to my Japanese quilt...
Yesterday the temp outside was HOT!....it got to 41 degrees Celsius, and I think the forecast is the same for today.
So I sat myself under the air conditioner and stitched, it was too hot to go outside.
This is my work for yesterday, two oriental fan blocks.
The colours still look a bit dark on the computer, but the blue fabrics here are a little brighter than they look.
I started with a four patch block using two different fabrics and then needle turn appliqued the fan's on top.
So far I have put together eleven of the small blocks and I'm still working on the centre kimono block.
I'm really pleased with how the blocks are turning out....can't wait to get to the stage of putting the blocks together and doing a bit of sashiko and embellishing the seams with stitching.
I don't think this quilt will be crazy quilted as such, with all the embellishing a cq quilt would have...will have to wait and see.

7 comments:

  1. I can't even imagine how beautiful this quilt will be when finished. The fans are spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful work. I am so enjoying watching your progress here. You have a great design talent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this will be a very special quilt!
    I love seeing the progress of it being created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All i can say is WOW!!! Your work is stunning!!I love everything you have posted. How long have you been doing this kind of work?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I like these too! It seems every block is my favorite! This is going to be one amazing quilt!

    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the new additions. I would gladly trade you weather. =) This is going to be such a lovely quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. your Japanese quilt is so nice. I love the fabrics you are using.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥