Wednesday, January 10

Japanese Fabric Stash...

Well, I'm out of my holiday mode, caught up at home and itching to get back into some sewing...
These are the Japanese fabrics that I bought while away on holidays...
I've been drafting up a quilt in my head, I know exactly what I want to do, and need to get working on it real soon.
I think it will have some CQ on it but not as much as I would normally do.
Many of you would know, I really love all things Victorian, so this quilt is really going to be out of my comfort zone, but I feel I need to challenge myself a bit at this point and try something different and new.
This first lot of fabrics that I've scanned are all cotton and bought at a couple of different craft shops.



This lot of fabric stash is all authentic old silk Japanese fabrics that I bought in a Japanese fabric warehouse that I wrote about a couple of days ago.


This piece on the right is a silk Obi I bought for for $35, that's the sash that they wear around their waist, I unpicked it to use in the Japanese quilt I've been inspired to make...there is 5 metres of fabric in it, only 15 inches wide, as that is the width of their fabric, and their fabric was selling at $15 metre, so I did get a good buy for that money.
I think this piece will tie in all the other pieces together and compliment the quilt beautifully
I'm off to make a start stitching..


8 comments:

  1. I have some of those same fabrics! The blue dragonflies, the red hemp pattern, the red arrowheads, and a couple more. I can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julia! So glad to see you back and blogging again. Was missing you!

    It sounds like you had a wonderful holiday and just look at all those goodies you found! Can't wait to see what you do with them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a lovely fabric!
    UnEsteemed what you will do with it, it will turn out beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely interesting selection!
    Will be waiting to see how it turns out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Julia, I had been wondering (for quite a while) where you were. Somehow you had dropped off my blogroll, but you are back there now, and I look forward to seeing what wonders you create this year.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  6. This will be a fun process to watch unfold. The fabrics are great!

    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love both fabric collections. I agree with you about the obi fabric. Isn't it amazing how much fabric it takes? I keep thinking about buying some of the kimono fabric from one of the trading companies. The only thing that holds me back is the minimum. It would cost me about $100 - well worth it for what I'd get, but totally unnecessary for what I need. =) I particularly like the reds you chose.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I too am looking for a pattern for my Japanese fabrics (both cotton and vintage kimono). I would really be interested in seeing which pattern you choose.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥