Tuesday, January 9

Holiday Pictures...

I haven't started stitching yet, as I'm still catching up at home with food shopping, washing, cleaning, and still winding down from my holiday. Thought you might like to see a couple of more pics from our trip...
These colourful beach huts are at Brighton Bay Beach in Melbourne.
These huts are as rare as hen's teeth to buy, they very rarely go on the market for sale as they are usually handed down through the family, but when they do go up for sale, they can sure fetch a pretty penny, one recently sold for $185.000 and as you can see, they are not very big.


How's this for a house with a view!
This home looks out to the ocean for as far as the eye can see.
Who was it that thought the earth was flat, well looking out from here , it really does look flat and never ending...

This seat is all carved out of one piece of timber.
I should have also taken a back view picture of the seat.
It doesn't show up here, but carved into the timber is a sea snail, I think I also saw a dolphin, a sea turtle and small fish.
Just beautifully done...

1 comment:

  1. What great pictures! I would love a house like the one you show, and the beach huts are great inspiration for quilting, with their array of colors.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥