Tuesday, December 12

Christmas Quilt # 2...


Here is another of my Christmas Quilts..
This quilt is very simple, but very effective and decorative.
I found this design in one of my Aussie magazines.
The centre panel is just leaf shapes cut out of red and green Christmas fabrics, attached with double sided fusible web, than blanket stitched around.
I have embellished the tree with lots of little Christmas charms, red beads for the berries, and a gold star at the top...you may just be able to see gold stitched star.
The border is a selection of Christmas fabric scraps..

4 comments:

  1. Love both of those Xmas quilts!
    What good ideas.
    I have done nothing new for Xmas this year, & wish I had.
    Ran out of time, going away on holiday, so will have to start early for next year. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of the Christmas quilts are just wonderful - cheery and definitely Christmas feeling. I can see the gold star quite well. I love to use the blanket stitch for applique. Makes things look so lovely, and it goes much faster than anything else . . . usually!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What lovely Christmas quilts you have made.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Julie, your Christmas quilts are just adorable! I appreciate that these are fairly simple quilts to make when using the fusable web and blanket stitch. The quilt with the snowman, angel, Xmas tree, etc. reminds me of one that I have in my Debbie Mum Christmas Quilts book. I've done a few of her Xmas quilts and they always turn out so darn cute!
    Thanks for sharing your handiwork.
    ~Jody

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for coming by..I love and appreciate getting your comments, and I am thankful for my loyal followers...but please don't tag me...♥